i first saw this idea on my friend jenna's blog and i loved it! basically here's the thought process behind it.
its easy to read other people's blogs and read about how fine and dandy their lives are, but who blogs about the bad stuff that makes them look like a total slob or not the world's most amazing parent? nobody i know, that's for sure. i love reading other people's blogs, but i can sometimes come away feeling like "should i be doing better as a parent" or "i wish i was as cute and skinny as she is." and sometimes it would just be nice to hear something not so amazing about that person and their life.
so here's my truth:
the girls are only nine months old and know the mickey mouse clubhouse song from the disney channel by heart. ella is especially obsessed with it. there have been a couple days where the tv is on from the moment they wake until the moment they go to bed.
99.9 % of the time i'm too lazy to cut coupons. I'd rather loose money than spend the time doing it.
i get my haircut probably 2 times a year, 3 if i put my mind to it.
i used the "i had twins" excuse way to long in order discourage myself from not starting to workout. i didn't start until the girls were 7 months old.
when people compliment me on the things that i make, it makes me feel uncomfortable because i don't know how to respond, but i still love the compliments.
i let the girls whine in their cribs for a good 15-20 minutes pretty much every morning (unless they are sick) so I can get a few more minutes of sleep.
i sometimes "forget" to brush my teeth before I go to bed at night.
90% of the time i'm in my pajamas ALL day.
i could be perfectly happy watching mindless tv all day.
sometimes I'll buy something online/in store, get home and i don't like it as much as i thought. and instead of returning it, i keep it and wear it MAYBE once.
we don't even own a real vacuum. we only have a shark!
i'm shamelessly obsessed with stalking people on facebook or blogs. especially if they are pregnant or just had a baby.
i gained 70 lbs. with the girls. and that was 5 days before i actually delivered. on average, weight gain for a twin pregnancy should be 40-65 lbs.
i haven't been to a dentist in roughly 3 years.
so there it is and that's just the tip of the iceberg. boy that felt good, therapeutic even!
i love it!! we are more alike than I though...no need to feel guilty...we all do those things...at least i do !
ReplyDeleteLOVE this! I've found that people who read my blog like the "real life" posts the best. My friend posted some pictures of her messy house the other day and I thought it was such a great idea (I may follow suit, if I ever get around to it haha!) Anyway, cute blog and darling family! You look like such a fun mom, and I think your little crafts are adorable. ;) (PS - this is Ashley's sister-in-law)
ReplyDeletehahahahahha this made my day : )
ReplyDeleteMade me laugh audibly. Love everyone of these Court.
ReplyDeleteoh my gosh I love it!!! I want to do it!!!
ReplyDeleteLove it... I couldn't agree more with you about the crazy blogging world making everyones life look perfect. Thanks for keeping it real- it's so refreshing. Miss you guys!!
ReplyDeleteCourtney, your vacuum comment reminded me that we didn't own a broom until we'd been married 2 years! None of our apartments had very much hard floor so we'd just vacuum it. With a Shark, no less (even though we did have a big vacuum). Haha.
ReplyDeleteCourtney-your blog is fabulous! your girls are amazingly cute! and this is literally the most refreshing post I've ever read! Love it.
ReplyDelete