i've been thinking a lot lately about an idea i had a couple of weeks ago. it all started when i was looking for yet another tutorial online in order to make yet another craft project. after hours of looking for the best tutorial, i finally found what i was looking for. but i thought to myself, wouldn't it be nice if i could just go to one site that had all the FREE tutorials i needed and actually thought they were cute?!? um, yes!
and then i thought to myself, why couldn't i make a site like that? i mean, i have TONS of tutorials that i've found over the years, and maybe i'm a little delusional about the things i make, but i feel like they turn out looking pretty decent.
so i guess what i'm saying here, is that i think i'm going to create a NEW blog that's dedicated solely to tutorials.
{yikes}
good idea or bad idea????
most likely, no one will ever even visit the blog, but if nothing else it will be a great place for me to store all the tutorials i have in one place. plus, you (my imaginary readers) can request any tutorials that you're in the market for and i'll do the legwork and find them for you. and every once in a while i'll also do giveaways (ya know... to keep you coming back) and feature giveaways from other sites.
ALSO... i need a name for this thing! i have a couple of ideas up my sleeve but will be holding a little contest for whoever comes up with the best name. if i choose your suggestion, then i'll make you anything you want from one of the tutorials that i post on the new blog (or if there is anything you have already seen on my blog that you want). deal? well then, let the suggestions begin!!!
i'd be lying if i said i wasn't kind of excited about this. i think it will be fun! even if it does fall flat on its face.
i'll keep you posted on the blog's progress as things move along (basically when i actually get the time to create the thing)
i'd REALLY love to hear your thoughts about all of this (even if i don't know you or had no idea that you read the blog)!!!!
- - - - - - -
and maybe its me but i think no blog post is complete without some fun pics, so here's some irresistible ones of the girls i took tonight. who doesn't love a freshly clean babe right out of the tub? ehh?
| |
| |
{and easter pics are coming very soon. i promise! i just had to get this whole blog thing off my chest, because i couldn't stop thinking about it}
I say GO for it! I also say-they are A LOT of work! Blogs like that I mean. . .my Dang Gina Site takes more time then I EVER thought it would. I LOVE it and its my outlet, but when I show crafts and stuff I only take a few random pics-I don't have to take a pic of EVERY step. . .that can be tedious. So have SO much fun with it, but don't let it take over your life! (by the way have you read http://icandyhandmade.blogspot.com/ I JUST got introduced to their site yesterday and am liking it. Just a sidenote)
ReplyDeleteGo for it! That would be great. It would be neat to see the kind of things you post. I loved the gold shoes you made. Those were so cute.
ReplyDeleteyes please! love this idea
ReplyDeleteFUN! i would definitely visit your site, especially now that i'm entering stay-at-home motherhood. i love looking at crafting-help blogs.
ReplyDeletehere's name suggestions:
Ella Reese
or
Ella Reese Creations
i think your daughters names combined make a really cool name . . . Ella Reese.
Good luck!
And, your daughters are way cute.
And, it's been really fun to read your blog! I love how technology allows me to still hear about old friends :)
courtney!! i LOVE the idea...you know i'm already a fan...still obsessed with those mini toms you made for the girls. i just don't have the time or know the where abouts of how to find the cute stuff. please do this!
ReplyDeletep.s. my brain is sizzled right now, but i will try and think of name ideas...
I say DO IT!! I love reading craft blogs! I dont know if you have heard of this one or not, but it is one I always like to check it out, its called "Knock Off Decor"--you could go there for ideas if you wanted to. As for a name, hmm...how about "Easy as Pie" Brought to you by Court, inspired by Ella and Reese. I love that you want to start one and I am already a fan! GOOD LUCK! I say GO FOR IT!
ReplyDeletewell it looks like everyone already told you what i think...YES! i would definitely check it out. ps...your girls are ADORABLE.
ReplyDeleteso, I definitely concur with everyone who has posted. this is SUCH a cute idea & something I think that you're going to have a great time putting together. from the things that I saw on your blog the other day it looks like most of your projects have something to do with sewing & since you'll be teaching people how to do things i think "needles & know-how" would be a super cute blog title... oooor maybe its just me! lol
ReplyDeleteyou should totally go for it! And I would definitely be a reader and look on it for some cute craft ideas! :)
ReplyDeletethanks everyone for your sweet comments and support! i'll keep you posted on when i get the new blog up and running.
ReplyDeleteHi court!
ReplyDeleteI love your creations and would love to check out more!
As far as names.... I like the idea of using your girl's names, but if not i love...
Sewn Up Style or just All Sewn Up.
Hope y'all are doing well!
Amanda